Offline events can be repurposed into - snippets, podcasts, audiograms, and much more.
Before we see how to do it, let's first understand why you should even repurpose it. When you organise or attend an offline event, you put in a lot of effort in researching and curating the content for it. It will be a shame if you don't make the most of it.
Here are 7 ways to repurpose your offline event's content:
- Record the event: The simplest thing you can do is record the entire event, crop out the unnecessary parts like fillers, add subtitles and publish it on your website or social media platforms like YouTube. This way, people who attended the event can revisit your content, and those new to your brand can learn more about you and your expertise.
- Post pictures of the event: Take as many photos as possible and use them for the website and social media. Those photos can be used for the website in the gallery or past event section. You can create many social media posts with those photos talking about your experience, the people you met or interacted with, things you learned and a lot more.
- Take out bite-sized snippets: You have the long-form video content, which is a great resource. But keeping in mind the short attention span of your audience and the emerging trend for bite-sized content, invest some time in taking out short-duration snippets that can be easily consumed. You can make snippets about key takeaways, exciting conversations, or pain points discussed with the solutions.
- Create Infographics: Videos are not the only way to create visually compelling content. You can create infographics from the information you researched and presented in your offline events. For example, an infographic summarising the key lessons from a specific session or the event as a whole can be a great way to keep the event fresh in your attendees' minds.
- Write blogs and articles: You can write a summary article of the event, write blogs or articles about specific topics discussed or give additional information about those topics.
- Quote cards: Quotes are a great way to quickly encapsulate your event's key points or exciting highlights. Pick a few great lines from the event, select a template and just put it together! Quote cards also have high shareability, making it a good investment to increase brand visibility.
- Podcasts and audiograms: Extract the audio file from the recording and convert it into a podcast or audiogram. You can convert the entire event or sections of it depending upon your goal and target audience. This way, you can reach people who prefer audio content over video content.
You can do so much with your offline event. You can create content in audio, video and text formats for different platforms with less effort. So don't let it go to waste and extract every ounce of content from it.
A Social Media Marketer trying to streamline and simplify the content creation process with an aim to help you build more creative content efficiently.