6 ways to repurpose your podcasts into excellent marketing content
You have put a lot of effort into your podcast, and it is absolutely essential that you extract every ounce of content out of this. This simple audio file can be converted into:
- Quote cards
- Slide decks, and much more.
Let's quickly go through all ways to repurpose a podcast.
- Make audiograms: Let it be for social media or your website; audiograms are a great piece of content.You can convert the entire podcast to audiograms with engaging elements like captions and images. You can also create shorter audiograms and hook them with a small section of the podcast that will make them go - "I want more of this". This will help you drive traffic to the main podcast or just simply create independent audiograms of shorter duration which you can post on social media.
- Write blogs: You can easily get transcripts from your podcasts and use that to write blogs, articles or just a summary piece that your audience can skim through. There will be a ton of things discussed in the podcast; you can pick topics and expand on it. You can write about additional information you missed or any changes in data that occurred after the podcast was published.
- Convert into videos: You might think the entire purpose of the podcast will be lost if you make videos out of it. But that's not the point here. The point is how you can reap maximum benefits from your work. Another advantage is that it will allow your audience to choose how they want to consume your content. We are not saying you must convert the entire thing into a video; that's just one way to see it. You can take our exciting parts and make it more compelling by adding the video element, which can be used for social media, email marketing, paid ads and so on. One easy way to get video content from the podcast is to set up a video camera while recording the podcast. This way you will have both video and audio content for multiple platforms. Take a look at this reel from I.E In Friends.
- Create infographics: We would like to highlight two things here - time and attention span of your audience. If you are bombarded with a 40 - minute or an hour of content, will you consume it? In 90% of the case, the answer will be no. Unless your audience is looking for it. So, serve them a short piece of content like infographics like bait, which is visually appealing and informative that they can consume in 10-30 seconds
- Make quote cards: Quote cards are, again, visually compelling, concise content that is easy to create without wasting much time. Just pick 2-3 lines from the podcast that is relevant and shareable and make quote cards out of it.
- Create a slide deck: Take out highlights or important points discussed in the podcast, put in any pre-designed template and done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is another excellent way to make concise content for your audience, whose average attention span is 8.25 seconds. Furthermore, when you upload a presentation, it automatically copies all of the text from the slides and inserts it into the page's body; so that people find your presentation based on keywords in the slides. Exposure on Slideshare often reaches a new and different audience than other inbound marketing channels and requires minimal extra effort.
As you can see, your podcast content does not have to be solely an audio file; it can be used to create a variety of long and short formats of content.
Determine what your brand requires, and then get creative!
A Social Media Marketer trying to streamline and simplify the content creation process with an aim to help you build more creative content efficiently.