Content Repurposing will help you:
- create 10x content with just 1/10th effort
- reach new audiences
- improve organic traffic, and much more.
Don't worry; we will tell you how but before that, let's understand what content repurposing is, and we will try to keep it simple.
Imagine you have an existing piece of content, and you reuse all or some parts to create a new piece of content that is fresh. That's Content Repurposing. Like converting blogs to infographics. Making snippets from webinars.
Now that you have an idea of what content repurposing is, let's jump right into its benefits!
- Maximising time and effort: When you create a good piece of content, you put in a lot of research, time and effort. It will be a shame if you use it only once and let it get lost in the ocean of content available on the web. Without banging your head against a wall to come up with a brand new piece of content, you can be smart and repurpose your old content. This way, you will save time and make the most of your existing work.
- Help your organic traffic: According to Lee Odden, author of the book, Optimise, "When an SEO and content marketing strategy work together, repurposing content means additional SEO assets to attract search traffic on many different variations of a theme." Content repurposing means more content. More content means improved SEO. With more content, search engines are more likely to view your website as a credible and valuable source for users. This means you're more likely to rise in the ranks and end up in the top search results.
- Redemption for unsuccessful content: Sometimes, your content doesn't perform well. It is not necessarily true that the content is bad. For example, you uploaded a 1-hour long webinar that didn't perform well. That could have happened for several reasons. Maybe it has too much content to consume in one go. Maybe your customers prefer shorter forms of content. It could be anything. Content repurposing gives such types of content another chance. You can convert that webinar into audiograms, blogs, infographics, slide decks and much more.
- Reach new audiences: "Meet your audience where they are!". While some people like to read an article, others might prefer to watch a video. When you repurpose content into new formats, you increase your chances of reaching new audiences.
- Strengthening Your Messaging: You may feel that taking information in one form and converting it into another is just repetition. But, this is an excellent repurposing strategy that can help strengthen your messaging. The more varied ways you can convey your expertise and brand voice, the more powerful it will become. When your audience notices a recurring theme across all of your channels and mediums, they'll realise you're an expert in X, and you know what you are talking about.
So what are you waiting for? Make your life easier with content repurposing.
A Social Media Marketer trying to streamline and simplify the content creation process with an aim to help you build more creative content efficiently.